||Recently Approved or Updated Submissions
Below are the fifty most recently approved () or updated () submissions on Mordel.Net. These entries are gathered from the following sections: Calendar, Downloads, Links, Products and Technical Readouts. Clicking on the entry will bring you to that entry in the appropriate section. The Date indicates the approval date of the entry, and may not always be the same day on which it was submitted.
||[2017-08-14 21:09] Announcements
|Site Update [2.17.14]:
Fixed a few more bugs and added in an enhancement for the fun of it. The below lists these changes in more detail:
- Fixed an error where deleting a post caused the Topic Replies count to be incorrect. In cases where it was the only reply, a database SQL error occurred. The way the reply count was calculated has been updated so the number is always correct.
- Fixed a UI issue where commas were not present in numbers on the Battle Vlue Breakdown screen when designing or editing a unit. This was correct when viewing the breakdown on the readout screen, and was also correct for the Cost Breakdown.
- Fixed an issue where an apostrophe in the Load Design dialog caused the working icon to continuously show and no results appear. It's been updated such that apostrophes will now work in this, and other, dialogs.
- Fixed an issue where multiple topics were getting created when a unit was modified and the user opted to keep the latest revision only. This happened before the previous topic id from the original revisions were not being saved. The code now retains the previous topic id and uses that to post the new design to the existing topic.
- Fixed an issue where the availability for a unit was showing Unavailable if designed with a Clan technology base, but then implementing a Land-Air chassis.
||[2017-07-27 21:00] News and Headlines
|BattleMech Manual available in PDF:
YOUR AVATAR AWAITS!
The modern BattleMech is the end result of more than three thousand years of battlefield technology development. Combining awesome destructive power and unparalleled maneuverability, the BattleMech is perhaps the most complex machine ever produced. The undisputed master of thirty-first century warfare, the BattleMech seems destined to reign supreme for centuries to come.
- Standing from seven to sixteen meters tall, and weighing from twenty to one hundred tons
- Powered by an armored and shielded fusion reactor
- Skeleton of honeycombed, foamed aluminum core wrapped with stressed silicon carbide monofilament and sheathed by a rigid, titanium-steel shell
- Locomotion generated via bundles of polyacetylene-fiber myomer muscles
- Protected by aligned-crystal steel over a layer of boron nitride impregnated with diamond monofilaments Mounting a swath of powerful weapons from charged particle beams to lasers, missiles to rapid-fire autocannons
- All at the command of the noble elite, the MechWarriors
—Excerpts from a promotional pamphlet originally distributed by Defiance Industries of Hesperus, Lyran Commonwealth, 3007
Using the most up-to-date rules text, the BattleMech Manual has been designed from the ground up to cater to the BattleTech player wanting to engage in an all-’Mech battle. Includes a variety of optional rules, terrain and more. Welcome to the most table-usage-friendly BattleTech rulebook ever published!
BattleMech Manual is available from the following eBook/PDF vendors:
||[2017-05-26 18:59] BattleMech Technical Readout
|TRO: Vanquisher VQR-2B
BattleMech Technical Readout
Name/Model: Vanquisher VQR-2B
Designer: Catalyst Game Labs
Source(s): Record Sheets: 3067
Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged
Technology: Inner Sphere
Technology Rating: E
Configuration: Biped BattleMech
Era/Year: Civil War / 3067
Rules (Current): Tournament Legal
Rules (Era): Tournament Legal
Rules (Year): Tournament Legal
Total Cost: 11,914,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 2,073
Structure: Endo Steel
Power Plant: 300 Fusion
Walking Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph
Jump Jets: None
Jump Capacity: None
3 ER Medium Lasers
4 Ultra AC/5s
Primary Factory: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking: Unknown
When Word of Blake ROM agents arrived on Terra with the plans for ComStar's new improved C3
computer (C3i), Precentor Martial St. Jamais deemed getting the new technology into service
a high priority. Word of Blake scientists had soon mastered production of the sophisticated
targeting and tracking system; all that was lacking was a platform to carry it. Though
several Star League-era designs were upgraded and refitted with the C3i, the Precentor
Martial chose to develop a brand new design around it as well. He commissioned Militia
designers to create a new assault 'Mech based on the aging King Crab but meant to showcase
the C3i's capabilities. He then began searching for a suitable company to produce the new
Skobel MechWorks was the company for which he had been searching. A Terra-based company
that had produced the original BattleMech, the Mackie, Skobel was now turning out their
Nexus design for the Militia. The Precentor Martial ordered one of Skobel's ancient
factories reopened, one long mothballed and thought destroyed. From the very assembly lines
that had once produced the Mackie, stepped its descendent: the Vanquisher.
Though based on the King Crab, the Vanquisher bears only a small resemblance to its
predecessor, despite its legs and hunched-over torso. This mammoth 'Mech utilizes long-range
weapons to bring down its foe, using targeting information gathered from its faster
companions to make a pinpoint assault. The light Gauss rifles and ER large lasers are the
Vanquisher's main weapons, though its three ER medium lasers boast impressive ranges as well
and can be quite dangerous in their own right.
The Vanquisher is slow, but it boasts an incredible amount of protection. Not only does
it bear almost twenty tons of standard armor, it lacks a dangerous extra-light engine. It is
also equipped with CASE in both side torsos to protect against light Gauss rifle explosions.
The new design meets its specifications admirably, and is sure to be the basis on which any
Militia C3i network is built.
The Vanquisher and various C3i-refitted 'Mechs have been distributed together to every
division of the Word of Blake Militia, where they have proven quite popular.
Perhaps the most spectacular success of the Vanquisher was on the world of Epsilon
Eridani in late 3066, when raiders attacked the defending Quality of Mercy III.
Demi-Precentor (Adept XII) Masayuki Hoshi used a Level II-two Vanquishers and four
Hussars-to hold off an entire company. Though the attackers announced themselves as a new
pirate band-the Devil's Brigade-Duke Benton of Eridani immediately denounced the Terra
Confederation for their blatant expansionism. Demi-Precentor Hoshi, however, apparently
stated that he felt it had been a masquerading unit from the Com Guards' Eleventh Division,
attempting to exact revenge for their removal from Caph.
A newly-produced version of the Vanquisher replaces the light Gauss rifles, ER large
lasers, and four heat sinks with four Ultra AC/5s and six tons of ammunition. Roughly one
out of every six Vanquishers is an Ultra AC variant.
Internal Structure: Endo Steel 5.00
Engine: 300 Fusion 19.00
Walking MP: 3
Running MP: 5
Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks (Double): 12  2.00
Gyro: Standard 3.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Armor Factor: 307 19.50
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 31 47
Center Torso (rear): 15
R/L Torso: 21 32
R/L Torso (rear): 10
R/L Arm: 17 34
R/L Leg: 21 42
Weapons and Ammo Location Critical Tonnage
ER Medium Laser H 1 1.00
Improved C3 Computer CT 2 2.50
CASE RT 1 0.50
ER Medium Laser RT 1 1.00
Ultra AC/5 (Ammo 60) RT 3 3.00
CASE LT 1 0.50
ER Medium Laser LT 1 1.00
Ultra AC/5 (Ammo 60) LT 3 3.00
2 Ultra AC/5s RA 10 18.00
2 Ultra AC/5s LA 10 18.00